Search This Blog

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Social Studies Curriculum Choices

So as that SS concepts tend to be far above a 1st grader I am not terribly worried about this subject at this point. I am breaking it down like this, history, geography, civics, culture, and economics.
For history we will study seerah. I am thinking we will use a kids book published by Darusalam and a little workbook type booklet that I can't think of the name of at the moment. For geography, civics, and economics we will use Houghton Mifflin Social Studies Our Country. Very simple, and has audio with it. Culture will be incorporated in seerah and the text book.
If he has a hard time with any concept, I doubt it, it will be easy to supplement with the many resources i have found. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Asalamulakum, Hi,
Please do leave any message. I love to read them.