Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

So where are we? Curriculum choices

So we will use, inshallah
Arabic: Madina Arabic reader, using Iqra Reader as a supplement for writing and conversation practice.
Math: How We Use Numbers, supplementing with various materials including Teddy Bear Time, Calvert Math Practice and Enrichment Book and Head for Success.
Science: Scott Foresman Science


Decisions yet to be made, reading, IS, SS, penmanship, writing, and arts.
These will be relatively easy because I pretty much already know what I am planning. I have 4 or 5, 2nd grade reading books. I just need to compare what they cover to I know if I want to use them all and/or what order.
As far as writing I think we will just pick up where we left off in the writing book from Moore Education and IS I just need to decide on weather I want to use one of the books I picked up (PDF) and supplement with all the goodies I have or just use the goodies I have.  As far as handwriting goes I would like to just buy something but thats not very probable. If I can find a series of handwriting videos and use those and various tracing, drawing and maze type pages. For Social Studies, I think I will just work those ideas and concepts int IS, inshallah. But I would like to introduce geography concepts. I am pretty sure he will think they are cool anyway. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Asalamulakum, Hi,
Please do leave any message. I love to read them.