Search This Blog

Thursday, June 23, 2011

English Curriculum

So until some other amazing thing comes along, which tends to happen but I dobt it will beat these choices, I decided we will use Scott Foresman Reading 2nd grade for the first 16 weeks, and then Harcourt Collects for the second 16 weeks. And since we homeschool year round to a greater or lesser extent I the remain 20 "official" days are easy to add in.

SF Reading includes, phonics, comprehension, writing, grammar, spelling, vocabulary, web quests and test taking skills (I am not to worried about the test taking skill parts because while we probably will do the state tests occasionally we may not as they are optional.)

H Collections includes comprehension, grammar, spelling, writing, web quests, and phonics.

 As far as penmanship goes, this is a septate issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Asalamulakum, Hi,
Please do leave any message. I love to read them.