Search This Blog

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Ex Husband Homeschool Frustraition

Well ex husband isn't a bad dad. But there are a lot of things I DONT like about him. Which really most of the time doesn't effect anything anyway so no big deal.
I get My Little Man 1 weekend a month, 1 not 2 or more. Ex husband gets him 3 a month. Also 1 day where if My Little Man were in public school he would get dropped off by ex husband and picked up and in the evening get dropped off back at home.
But then we don't public school. SO initially I sent school work to be completed at ex husbands house. NOPE, that didn't happen. Then after a month or 2, I complained and make up scripted lesson plans. NOPE I complained and would call up ex husbands wife to explain the lessons and when ex husband came to pick up My Little Man I would go over then with him. Ex husband was uninterested. Less than half of the school work would get done. Finally  about 4 months ago he says "What time do you usually eat lunch?" "About 1" "How about I pick him up at that time so you can do most of his school work on that Saturday before." "OK"
He said he would do the rest of the work with him, did he? NOPE But he does pick him up at 1 on that 1 Saturday a month.
When I try talking to him about what we are doing for school he is inattentive and uninterested. And YET!, he complains because he thinks we are using that Saturday as a play day. He all but says I am stealing his time. >< If he would participate in My Little Man's education he would know why we do what we do. My choices in educating My Little Man are not about what ex husband likes or dislikes. They are about what is best both long and short term for My Little Man.

Inshallah 1 thing is for sure, I will not apologize for my choices for My Little Man's education. I do not have to prove to his dad, anything.

On top of all this he chooses to confront me in a hostile way in front of My Little Man, at a public event, outside in a crowd, with my husband dumb founded.

I stood there thinking "You suck. I am not going to argue. You suck. I am not going to argue. You suck. I am not going to argue. You suck. I am not going to argue. ...."

His pupils were tiny.

Over the past year or two he has been increasingly tactless and emotional when confronting issues in regards to My Little Man. I don't know what his problem is, nor do I care. 

3 comments:

  1. SubhanAllah I gave up 2 years ago when my ex or (the babysitter as I call him)told me in reply to my order of letting her do work "no, YOU wanted to homeschool" Personally I don't think he could handle the patterns ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that sucks, however I understand where you are coming from. I can see why your ex thinks you are stealing his time. He wants to build fun memories with his boy, and he sees the school work as something tedious and boring. Maybe they could schedule some play time that allows your boy to learn at the same time.

    It's a start, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have given up on the dude. He started insulting me one day when he was dropping off my son and I lost my temper. I told him (OK yelled) to get out and tried shutting the door but he wouldn't leave even after several tires so finally I said i would call the police and THEN he got out. I decided it would be better if I don't interact with him what so ever. He knocks on the door I hug and kiss my son, open the door to let him out then shut it behind him. When my son gets home I open the door to let him in and shut it behind him. That's it. When I needed to inform him of when we were going to take our "vacation time" inshallah, my husband told him. I went out back to work in the garden. The guy is crazy and I am done with him.

    ReplyDelete

Asalamulakum, Hi,
Please do leave any message. I love to read them.