Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

From String Theory to Alien Gore

I wanted to watch something educational....well I wanted to watch something while we ate dinner, educational was a perk. Anyway, I went to the PBS site and picked a full episode of NOVA something  Cosmos: String Theory.
I found it incredibly interesting. My son liked it but of course didn't understand a lot of it so I followed it up with a couple quick videos explaining it from youtube. Then I tried explaining it. Personally I think it makes a lot more sense than quantum theory but that's besides the point.
A little bit later my son decided to get out his molecular model kit. I joined him and made a dodecahedron and my son suggested it was Doctor Who's new Tardis. Then that it was the doctor.
I then joined a larger second one to it. I realised it looked like a snow man and started belting out Frosty the Snowman in an obnoxious voice. My son made a small companion for it and we added hair to her, the double dodecahedron figure, ears and a hat before she was consumed by the companion.
So silly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Asalamulakum, Hi,
Please do leave any message. I love to read them.